The Diet for Dental Health or What to eat for a Healthier Mouth
First, you have to remember:
Eat for your health, not for your taste buds.
That is true in general and also for your teeth and gums.
The following is from research done on the de-mineralization of the teeth and unhealthy gums.
From Dr. Axe “How to Reverse Cavities Naturally and Heal Tooth Decay”. The below incorporates the successes of two other doctors as well and comes from Dr. Weston Price, Dentist Pioneer in dental health.
Make your Diet:
- Rich in animal foods like meat, fish and eggs and bone broth from pasture-fed animals. Make sure all meats come from grass-fed, grass-finished animals.
- Eat wild fish (not farm-raised), fish eggs and shellfish from unpolluted waters.
- Full-Fat dairy products (if tolerated) from pasture-fed cows, preferably raw cheeses and fresh and sour cream. Raw dairies such as raw milk, whole yogurt, kefir, cheese, and grass-fed cultured butter
If you are lactose intolerant, you can use Camel Milk (learn why)
- Use animal fats, such as lard, tallow, egg yolks, cream and butter liberally.
- Eat fresh fruit and raw and steamed vegetables preferably organic especially green leafy vegetables.
- Limited amount of fruit one piece daily early in the day. No refined sweets.
- High vitamin D – get plenty of sunshine and days not in sun supplement with 5,000 IU daily of D3.
- Food high in healthy fats like coconut oil, avocado, olives, and fish or fermented cod liver oil. Use only traditional vegetable oils – extra virgin olive oil, expeller-expressed sesame oil, small amounts of expeller-expressed flax oil and the tropical oils – coconut oil, palm oil, and palm kernel oil.
- Fermented grains only and in moderation such as true sourdough bread (should not list lactic acid) No unfermented grains such as oatmeal, breakfast cereal, crackers, etc. etc. Even better no grains at all.
- Nuts, seeds, and beans only in moderation that have been sprouted to neutralize phytic acid, enzyme inhibitors, and other anti-nutrients.
- Eat whole, unprocessed foods, NO processed food, packaged food or fast food.
- Take cod liver oil regularly to provide at least 10,000 IU vitamin A and 1000 IU vitamin D per day.
- Prepare homemade stocks from the bones of chicken, beef, lamb, and fish and use liberally in soups, stews, and sauces.
- Use filtered water for cooking and drinking.
- Use unrefined salt and a variety of herbs and spices for food interest and appetite stimulation
- Make your own salad dressing using raw vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and a small amount of expeller-expressed flax oil.
- Use traditional sweeteners in moderation.
- Cook only in stainless steel, cast iron, glass or good quality enamel.
- Use only natural, food-based supplements (whole food vitamins)
- Get plenty of sleep, exercise, and natural light.
What I noticed recently is that the diet I have been on “healthy Keto” fits right into this regimen. Well, I didn’t eat grains and haven’t for a long time even before I found Healthy Keto but what I found was that most of what is recommended on the Dental Diet is gotten from Keto diet.
Since decay comes from the demineralization of the tooth, especially calcium and phosphate, if you don’t eat enough vegetables, supplementing with a mineral formula might be advised . Veggie Solution was created for getting the body enouh minerals
MCVitamins will work with you on an individual-by-individual basis to help you get the results you seek. And don’t be surprised if we contact you so we can check up on how you’re doing and to see if we can help you to get things moving faster!
Here is to a healthier mouth, healthier gums and reversed decay.
See Dental Health
Taken from Dr. Axe, Weston A Price and others
Sign up to receive the MCVitamins Newsletter!
Up-to-date info on the latest health-related news happening in the world
(available in English only)